How to Install or Transfer Dota 2 from another PC 2020
Are you facing difficulties while installing or copying DOTA 2 from another PC and transfer to the new one, if yes you’re in the right place?
Dota 2 is one of the most trending games these years, people are die-hard fan of this game. And I personally use steam for this game only. Just like CS GO this game has also gained huge popularity among gaming communities from all over the world. The best thing even beginners could understand the game easily.
Dota 2 is a Multiplayer Online Battle arena Game developed and published by well-known company Valve. It is the next part of Defense of the Ancients one that means Dota 1, and you won’t believe that was not original game developed by the publisher it was mod of the game Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos created by Blizzard Entertainments.
But I am not here to tell you how good the game is the reason why I am here is that, Many of People are facing the problem like they are not able to transfer or install the DOTA 2 from another PC or to other PC. This is why I am here to give you a tutorial about how to Install Dota 2 to another PC.
How to Copy DOTA 2 from another PC 2020
- First, you need to get the New Copy of the Dota 2, this can be done by going to the location of the Steam where you installed, then SteapApps>Common>Dota 2 Beta, open the folder
- Copy the Game Folder and Content of it, even if the content folder doesn’t have all files then also copy it.
- Now, Paste the copied folder to the location of your DOTA 2 Beta. But you need to check that content of Beta 2 is in the folder of your PC.
- The next step is from your Friends PC, Copy the appmanifest570.acf. You can find this act file inside the steamappsfolder and then paste the same folder in the same location where you paste the content.
- Now, log in to your steam account on your PC, and steam will automatically validate that this is your Account.
- Just like previous, location the Dota 2 Beta folder in your friend’s PC.
- Now, Delete the Dota 2 From your Pc but with Steam, you can do this by opening steam then right-click on Dota 2 game in the Steam library, then click the Delete Local Content. It should be fully uninstalled.
- Paste the copied Dota 2 Beta folder to your Pc and don’t forget to replace it with an existing folder if it is there.
- Now, open steam and install Dota 2 and your Dota 2 beta will automatically be recognized by steam.
- When installation gets completed, then open the game in steam. And Dota 2 in-game UI, click pre-load reborn and it will automatically get finished.
- Now, close the steam and re-open the game.
- If you steam will validate the file, it will show you the download file size of Dota 2 to 8 GB and download some other files, Once it done, you can open and play the game
Best Backup and restore Method
This is my personal favorite method by which you can transfer file with help of hard disk or any other storage device. and it is probably the most easiest way.
- First, Connect any hard disk to your computer, log in to steam, click on Menu
- Select the Backup and restore option
- Click on Back up option there and select a location
- The location should your hard disk which you connected
- It will take some time, and then Done for this par
- Connect Hard disk to another Pc
- Open steam and Backup and restore option
- Click on Restore
- And select the location should where steam and Dota 2 is installed
- And done